It’s essential for your oral health to brush your teeth twice a day, and floss daily. However, in order to prevent future pain, cavities, or gum disease, it’s important to get regular cleaning at the dentist as well.
We use special instruments to polish the enamel and get rid of the buildup or plaque and tartar on your teeth, leaving your teeth feeling squeaky-clean and smooth. They’ll also appear brighter and whiter, significantly raising your confidence when you smile!
Getting your teeth cleaned twice a year gives your dentist the opportunity to examine your oral health. We can use a mirror and check on your gums and teeth to look for signs of gingivitis, and cavities, such as bleeding, tenderness, and inflammation. You can also prevent tooth loss from gum disease by getting these regular assessments.
Some of the most common signs that it’s time to schedule a teeth cleaning are:
- Red gums
- Tooth pain
- Tender or swollen gums
- Yellowing teeth
- Sensitive teeth or gums
The process can vary from dentist to dentist, but here are some of the basic steps in professional teeth cleaning:
- Physical mouth examination: A dentist or dental hygienist will begin the process by examining your mouth for any issues that you’ve mentioned, or to look for signs of any damage.
- Removal of plaque and tartar: Your hygienist will remove any buildup of plaque and calculus from your gumline and teeth with the use of special instruments.
- Thorough cleaning with gritty toothpaste: The hygienist will then proceed to polish your teeth using an electric polisher lined with a gritty paste.
- Professional flossing: Any unwanted residue will be flossed off by the hygienist.
- Rinse: You’ll be given a solution to rinse out any debris or residue of plaque or toothpaste from your mouth
- Fluoride treatment: You can ask your dentist about the benefits of fluoride on your next visit to our clinic. It’s a recommended treatment that’s used to make your teeth stronger and prevent them from developing cavities.
Our dentist may also take X-Rays to discover any weak spots in your teeth, their alignment, and the general oral health.
At Rapha Dental LLC, we use the highest quality tools to clean your teeth of any plaque and bacteria for better oral health.
Contact us today if you have any queries, or book an appointment to get your pearly whites gleaming again!